This statement recognises Mayfield Electrical Ltd obligations under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974. Mayfield ElectricalLtd (The Company) in the conduct of its activities will ensure that it:
- Protects the health, safety and welfare of its employees and others who may be affected by its activities.
- Limits adverse effects on and adjacent to the area in which those activities are carried out.
- Meets its responsibilities as an employer to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent accidents, injuries and damage to health.
The Company will also, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- Provide and maintain safe working environments that are without risks to health, safety and welfare.
- Set standards that comply with the relevant statutory requirements relating to health, safety and welfare with regard to the effect on employees, contractors, visitors and the public.
- Safeguard employees and others from foreseeable hazards connected with work activities, processes and working systems.
- Ensure that when new substances, plant machinery, equipment, processes or premises are introduced, adequate guidance, instruction, training and supervision are provided for safe methods of work to be developed.
- Train all employees to be aware of their own responsibilities in respect of relevant health and safety matters and ensure they participate in the prevention of accidents and co-operate with measures taken to prevent industrial disease.
- Ensure that contractors undertaking work for the Company are informed of the relevant standards required and are monitored to ensure compliance without detracting from the contractors’ legal responsibilities to comply with statutory requirements.
- Promotes good health amongst employees and be concerned with the prevention of occupational and non-occupational disorders and diseases.
- Co-operate with appropriate authorities and technical organisations to ensure policies are updated and Standards reviewed to reflect best practice.
- Undertake inspection, audit and review activities to ensure the Company’s objectives for health. safety and welfare are being met.
- This policy, supported by Instructions, Procedures and Organisational Arrangements prescribed in the HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM document, is to be applied to all activities carried out by the Company.
- The Policy must be enforced by all Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Foremen and be observed by all employees.